Monday, October 21, 2013

Ride for the Cure: The Cutest Pictures You'll See Today

Okay I wanted to say the cutest pictures you'll ever see, but the internet is so full of pictures of kittens doing adorable things that I didn't know if I could make that claim.  But I feel like there are good odds that these are the cutest pictures you'll see today.

We had a blast.  It was a gorgeous day, sunny and breezy with just enough of a chill in the air to feel like fall, the trails were beautiful, and the horses were happy.  I was essentially giddy with the prospect of turning four horses into life-size My Little Ponies, as I mentioned in my last post, and I think I pretty much succeeded in that task.  They looked so incredibly cute that I kind of can't stand it.

Tucker was excited when we got to the farm where Sugar lives, already looking around for his dream date the second I opened his trailer side door.  Then when he spotted his new BFF Gitano when we got to the Ride, he started doing that sweet little silent knicker where their nostrils tremble and could not wait to get off the trailer so he could sniff him and nudge him and lick him (did I mention Gitano is a very good sport and puts up with my horse's attention very well?).  Then when he realized that Caprioso was there too, he basically entered pure euphoria and existed in a state of unadulterated bliss for the remainder of the day.  He was surrounded by his best friends, out in the woods and the open fields, there were jumps to be jumped, and everyone kept telling him how extra adorable he looked.  This, my friends, is Tucker heaven.

More importantly, we were able to have fun while supporting a really worthwhile cause. Overall, the Ride raised $41,040.80, Bays for Boobies raised $2,295, and thanks to all of you, I raised $730. I am very proud to be supporting the Komen foundation and all their efforts toward a cure.  The money we raised will go directly toward helping local women by providing screening and education, and to support national research programs.

And now, without further ado, the cutest pictures you'll see all day... enjoy!









6 comments:

  1. What a great donation! And how cute does those fellas look in their pink? Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much pink! You guys look adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pink galore. Good job for raising so much money!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! And Tucker looks soooo cute in pink!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The description of Tucker being affectionate with Gitano melted my icy little b***h heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to Bays for Boobies on (1) a wonderful charitable cause, and (2) a fabulous team name! Tucker looks stunning in pink, I must say.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment (I love reading them) as long as you are respectful and kind, and only use language you'd use in front of your grandma. Thanks!