Tuesday, October 15, 2013

In Which Tucker and I Get Out and Make New Friends

So first things first... quick update on my last post: Montel has found a wonderful home!  I've said it before and I'll say it again, the horse world is a strange but truly beautiful place.  Just when I had hit a point of desperation and was visiting neighborhood farms to see if they'd take him in exchange for barn help (like I have that kind of time), people started coming forward.

Montel in his younger days
 So many people reached out to help, either through spreading the word or offering him a safe place to land.  The display of compassion and altruism I witnessed was awe-inspiring, to say the least.  A horse like Montel can mend a lot of bridges and reach a lot of hearts.  So great to see first hand a story with a happy ending.

And in other news, Tucker and I have been hitting the trails and really enjoying the gorgeous fall weather we've been having in New Jersey lately.  First we did the Tewksbury Trail Pace with Amy and Sugar from AWIP (read all about that beautiful day here).

Don't you love how he gazes at her?
You know how Tucker loves his lady friend Sugar, so those two obviously had a blast together.  I think Amy summed it up best that we were like a giddy Thelma and Louise before things got ugly...  That lady is seriously my partner in crime and I look forward to my adventures with her like a kid waiting for Christmas.

While we were at Tewksbury we made a couple of new friends, Ethan and his paso fino Gitano, and we just met up with them for the Amwell Valley Hounds hunter pace.  It was another completely gorgeous day.  We keep really lucking out with the weather.



Needless to say, Tucker is rather smitten with the both of them....


I'm not sure if the boys look adorable or ridiculous together, but I'm going to go with adorable for now.  They were pretty good buds by the end of our little adventure.


We also managed to get one of my favorite pictures of me and my horse.  I think the expression on both our faces sums up how much we love getting out in the open!


We'll be teaming up with Amy, Sugar, Ethan, Gitano, and our friends Chrisie and Caprioso (you remember her beautiful farm) for the Ride for the Cure this weekend.  Bays for Boobies has raised $1,695.00 so far, and counting!  Thanks again to all of you who have supported this effort.  I promise lots of pics of the horses in all their pink finery.  If I have my say, they will look like life-sized My Little Ponies.

Happy trails!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear Montel found a soft place to land. I was wondering...

    Also, I stalked Ethan on FB and he apparently has several mutual friends with me (some completely non-horsey from my HS days!!!) Small world. And I was WONDERING if that was a Paso Fino. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment (I love reading them) as long as you are respectful and kind, and only use language you'd use in front of your grandma. Thanks!