Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A Home for Montel, and Susan G. Komen Ride for the Cure

So I am resurrecting the blog, but for a couple of very good reasons.  Actually, it's because I need your help with a couple of things.  (Isn't that just like me?  I don't call or write and then I turn up asking for stuff...)

First up:  One of my most favorite horses is in need of a forever home.  You may remember him from here, and here, and here.  He's a German Brandenburg, 25 years old, 17hh, and he is a former Grand Prix horse who trained with McLain Ward.  He's caring, wise, sweet, sensible, and really a pleasure to have around the farm.  Once upon a time he was Tucker's best friend. When he retired, he came to live at the farm where I used to rent a cottage, and I would tell him all my troubles when I got home from work.  He is an excellent listener.

He is pasture sound and he would be suitable as a trail horse - afraid of nothing (literally, I once rode him bareback through a pack of motorcycles on a dirt road) and really good company - but he would not stay sound in work, due to some very old suspensory injuries.  If you know of anyone who can help, you can contact me and I'll put you in touch with the farm that is arranging for his adoption.


Second:  This awesome lady and I are Riding for the Cure, with the Central and South Jersey Susan G. Komen Foundation.  I love this ride for two reasons, one, it's a cause that is near and dear to my heart (literally, my boobs are right there), and second, I get to dress my horse up in pink like a life-sized My Little Pony. In all seriousness, I have some very dear friends who have survived breast cancer. They have touched my life and made me a better person, and I am sure glad that they made it through so I could meet them.

Tucker at last year's ride!
So, [here it comes, it's a shameless plug, brace yourself] if you are so inclined, I'd love to receive a donation on behalf of the foundation.  Or, if you're in the area, I would love it even more if you and your horse come and join my team!  Seriously, the more the merrier.  You can visit the Bays for Boobies page here to join our team, or visit my page here to make a donation.  And thank you.

(p.s. -- I will do my best to give you a Tucker update shortly.  I have lots to tell.  He's doing wonderfully at the moment and sends his love to his fans.)

4 comments:

  1. I.MISS.YOU. That's all :) Thanks for posting, friend! Looking forward to a Tucker update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we lived closer! I'd love to do the ride for a cure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be interested in contacting the farm that Montel is at..I live in NJ too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment (I love reading them) as long as you are respectful and kind, and only use language you'd use in front of your grandma. Thanks!